Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The last day

So farewell to summer 2010. Well actually summer isn't over but the Centar Novi Most summer programme is. The past few days have been just as hot as many previous days. Schools are set to start again on Mon 6th Sept but if it's still too hot this will be put off for a week or so until it gets cooler, because schools do not have air-conditioners.
We spent the last day in the right place, at the pool side. This was at a pool in nearby Medugorje. For me it was my first visit there although Becca and Ivica had taken the winning team from Friday Fun night there as summer began and others had visited it again during the summer. But it was here that two things struck me most. The first was that being an English woman outdoor pools are really a novelty and you only go in one when you are not in England and maybe staying at a hotel on holiday in a warm place. English outdoor pools are rarely used! The second is the surrounding scenery. It was in Sarajevo that I first marvelled at the scenery from the newly built pool, then again in Mostar earlier in the summer and I had that same feeling of wow this is amazing at Medugorje. I love the outdoors and being in a pool looking out onto the mountains surrounding me I felt truly content. This is the Lord's gift to us - natural beauty which He has made.

Later that day we had our last evening on the Square for this year. The bouncy castle came out and all knew we were there. This time I tried my hand at face painting or rather arm painting. I had practiced a bit on Sam and Chloe and had tips from Becca. Despite this my dolphins still come out like mice! But I tried and I enjoyed and all seemed satisfied.
It was another good evening and a satisfying ending to another great but hot summer. We now spend most of September visiting family and friends. Eleanor will be back in the UK soon. Mick and Ivica will be visiting our Swiss friends then driving on to the UK, Becca is on sabbatical and I will be here in Capljina with Sam and Chloe as they start school. Plans and work will continue into the new term and as always we all, as Capljina team, have an excitement as to what God may have in store for us then.

No comments:

Post a Comment