

It's been such a good day today -except the heat! It has been about 41 degrees and tomorrow is set to be hotter. Arghh!
However despite the heat it's been a day of making things. This morning we introduced sewing to the young people and they really loved it. They made cushions with a motif on the front and they were very creative.The results were very good and one young girl said it was one of the most enjoyable activities. I know I was very excited when our American friends pulled out gorgeous pieces of material they had brought over, thank you so much.
This evening was for the older youth. The girls stayed in and made jewellery whilst the boys went out to take photos in a different light.Both groups had a great time and had lovely pieces of jewellery or lovely pictures. It has been a good time to spend time with everyone on a one to one basis and I've really enjoyed getting to know the young people better.

No comments:
Post a Comment