Monday, July 5, 2010

Sunny Sunday


I love Sundays!! It's great to go to Church to meet up with our brothers and sisters in Christ and share how the week has been for them. This Sunday was also a bit of a breakthrough for me personally though. For many of my friends it is known that I have found learning the language hard but most of all frustrating. You see I love to talk to people so I need to learn the language and fast. But for English speakers Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian is the 4th hardest language to learn so even after 3 years there are times when I just don't understand something or find something hard to explain. It feels like climbing a ladder. You learn a chunk of new language and go up a rung, but can feel like you slip down a bit if you haven't understood a conversation. There are definite good days and bad days as well. But today I explained the summer Novi Most programme to the Church and I spoke in Croatian!! I think they understood me but being in Church amongst friends I felt I could do it and felt God's help. I also remembered a lady's words to me following a workshop at the Ladies Conference in Sarajevo earlier in the year - God understands your frustration with the language and tells you it will get easier.I had never met this lady before but God puts people in our paths to encourage us and I thank Him for that.

Also Mick preached today. He reminded us that the paths we take determine the destination.

Thank you for following my ramblings. God has given each of the team here a path to follow and we pray that we continue to follow Him closely and according to His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment